The aim of the programme is to give graduates a hands-on and accelerated introduction to global financial markets; and help the right candidate develop the skills required to become a part of SKAGEN. As a trainee you will be assigned to different projects in SKAGEN and contribute as a member of the team.
During the first eight months, the focus of the programme will be on our investment activities. The subsequent modules will focus on our client advisory activities and important support functions.
As part of the investment activities module, you will work with idea generation, independent equity analysis, ESG analysis, and documentation as well as supporting the funds’ external communications.
As part of the client advisory and support modules, you may be involved in servicing and advising clients, building SKAGEN’s brand through marketing and communication activities as well as supporting legal, financial, project and business development deliveries.
For each module, you will have a mentor to support and guide you. You will also be assigned a Buddy who will help with your integration into the SKAGEN culture.
What we offer:
- Training and experience in all disciplines relevant to anyone wishing to seek a career within the asset management industry.
- Personal mentoring and coaching through daily activities and check-in meetings.
- An opportunity to work within a contrarian and non-hierarchical organisation where your work and ideas can make an impact from day one.
What we are looking for:
- Enthusiasm and intellectual curiosity
- A genuine interest in global markets and finance
- Strong analytical skills
- A strong sense of initiative
- The ability to work and think independently
- Adaptability and a willingness to work in high intensity departments
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Cultural awareness and international experience
We would expect candidates to hold a Master’s degree and have strong academic credentials.
The position will be located in Stavanger, Norway. Fluency in a Scandinavian language is an advantage.
Application deadline: 15 September 2019
Start of trainee programme: September 2020
We kindly request that you send your CV and cover letter via https://response.questback.com/skagen/2020corporatetrainee
Should you require further information, please contact Kamilla Mauseth at email@example.com or +47 948 84 796. All enquires are treated confidentially.